Southeastern Wisconsin Lawn Design Services
Milwaukee Lawn Seeding Services
There are three common ways to seed a lawn. Regardless of which method you choose, ASI recommends starting with at least 3 inches of amended topsoil. We also believe it is important to make sure your soil contains the proper pH levels.
The three ways of seeding are as follows:
- Broadcasting: This consists of the distribution of seed through a broadcast seeder on top of the topsoil covered by a straw-based material. A starter fertilizer is always recommended.
- Slit seeding: This process is done by seed-dropping into a small trench created by a disk, distributing the seed approximately 1 inch below the surface. A starter fertilizer is always recommended as well.
- Hydro-seeding: This process is done by mixing water, seed, fertilizer and a bonding agent into a large tank and distributing the mixture onto the topsoil using a spray method.
Milwaukee Sod Installation
For those of you looking for immediate results, sod is the perfect option. There are several steps ASI will take in order to ensure a healthy, disease- and insect-free lawn. At ASI, we take the following necessary steps to ensure healthy results:
- 3 inches of amended and pH balanced topsoil
- A healthy watering program